We are all in the hunt to find an employment solution that works for us, and many of us if not all, experience barriers to employment that may include the following:
- Health Issues
The Mission of Grace@Work:
To lovingly assist individuals who experience significant barriers to employment find meaningful emplyment and work toward prosperity.
Successful job development concurrently uses assessment information about the strengths and interests of the person seeking employment to target the types of jobs available from potential employers in the local labor market. Typical job development activities include reviewing local employment opportunities and developing potential employers/customers through direct and indirect promotional strategies. Job development may include facilitating a hiring agreement between an employer and a person seeking employment. Some persons seeking employment may want assistance at only a basic, informational level such as support for a self-directed job search.
Some examples of the quality outcomes desired by the different stakeholders of these services include:
- Persons obtain community employment.
- Persons obtain individualized competitive employment.
- Employment matches interests and desires of persons.
- Wages, benefits, and hours of employment achieved as desired.
- Average number of hours worked per week increases.
- Average number of hours worked per week meets the desires of the person served.
- Full-time employment with benefits.
- Transition-age youth move directly from their educational environment into community employment.
- Job retention/length of employment.
- Potential for upward mobility.
- Responsive services.
- Safe working conditions.
- Cost-effective for placement achieved.
- Reasonable length of time from referral to placement.
- Employers satisfied with the services.
Some individuals that we work with may receive benefits from the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation. As a qualified vendor we would be happy to assist you.
For more information please contact our Program Director James Gattie: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Going Case Management:
God calls us to be in relationship, not only to God, but also one to another as we neighbors. Relationships are built one at a time with trust and respect as the very core of the foundation.
Grace@Work uses the biblical principle, “As iron sharpens iron, so does one person sharpen another” (Proverbs 27:7). Individualized attention in case management and intentional smallness in operational scope will help to ensure that the individuals that we support do not get lost in the process. With this in mind, case managers will keep case loads to a maximum of five people.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you feel God’s call to assist people from diverse backgrounds find meaningful and sustained employment? Are you a college student with a social services background that needs an internship? We need Individuals for a variety of tasks:
- Case Managers
- Interview Preparation (Mock Interviewers)
- Resume Assistance
- Teachers for soft skill classes
- Job sampling sites